Tuesday 30 August 2011

Google Calendar - no thanks

I am not the most organised of people. I guess that should make me a rubbish librarian, but I seem to be ok at that bit. I do, however, have to keep track of what I'm doing with lists and diaries or I would not know where I was or why.

So really, Google Calendar should be a useful tool at work and home. But I'm just not sold. Ok, I can share it with other people, but somehow it just doesn't appeal enough for me to use. I prefer my dates in a diary, or two, and my Outlook. Oh dear. I really should like Google Calendar.

At the moment, we have a physical diary at work that everything goes in. I then have my Outlook, which means appointments pop up as reminders so I can't miss anything. I then have my diary, which contains some of the same things as the work diary and Outlook, but also everything personal, and happening at weekends. I've used this same system for over 5 years, and I'm loathe to change it. It's taken me long enough to train my brain to this way of thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment