Tuesday 31 January 2012

Libday8 - Monday

I've participated in libday before on Twitter, but perhaps this year I can conjure up a blog post each day - please note I am already late with Monday's (!).

So, what did yesterday hold for me...

Well, I was off with lurgy on Thursday and Friday so my first job of the morning was catching up with emails and my team. Luckily my inbox was lighter than I might have feared, and a lot of those were quite easily deletable.

Of the more noteworthy ones were some messages about our refurbishments plans (more on them below), and a visiting scholar requesting access. So one quick email exchange later and the scholar can be signed up to access our children's literature collection for the rest of her time here.

Next to tackle the refurbishment bits. A final query about the carpet we've chosen, and a double check that the samples we were sent matched the sample building services had (on closer inspection, phew, they did). Then a quick phonecall about a sample chair that had arrived with a damaged base.

Lunch!

A few student queries, and then onto catching up on a collaboration meeting that I missed on Friday. Reading the documentation so far and some notes kindly sent through to get me upto speed.

Checked all of the alarm alerts from over the weekend. Happy to see that the students are behaving, and not setting the alarm off too much.

Started to compile a list of items for the Library Committee agenda, and then a few bits of withdrawing and general catalogue housekeeping.

So actually, a fairly typical day for me at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment