Friday 3 February 2012

Libday8 - Thursday

Oh dear, the inevitable problem of trying to remember what I did yesterday... Luckily my outlook calendar can fill me in on the main interesting things.

The day started with emails as usual, though this doesn't often take too much of my time. I think I am lucky in being relatively new in post still, that not every company has my address to spam. We also have the generic library account which takes care of most communication with students.

Then we had a staff meeting to discuss the chair samples we've currently got in, and the suggested fabric colours for them. I'd been a bit worried about the reception one chair was getting, but more data has evened it out nicely.

Next we ventured on the bus to town for a meeting with other Librarians using Heritage in the local area. This is a great annual occasion, meeting up with lovely people to eat and discuss our likes/dislikes/plans and problems. It is always enlightening to hear how the same system is being used in similar libraries and to hear about innovations or solutions that otherwise I'd be unaware of.

The afternoon involved lots of bits of admin and discussing the proposed tables for the refurbishment with IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment