Wednesday 1 February 2012

Libday8 - Wednesday

Yesterday had a slight addendum after I'd left the Library. The porters asked for my help with identifying a postcard where the name of the recipient was in Cyrllic!

An interesting day today, but not actually one I can blog much about.

Most of my morning was spent in a meeting relating to the refurbishment. I don't feel I can say anything much at all about it since we're still discussing lots of things. It's not for the blogosphere at this stage. So, that was my entire morning taken up pretty much, in a single paragraph.

What I can say is that such meetings are exciting, challenging, stressful and enjoyable all in one go. And not something that every librarian gets to do all the time. I feel really fortunate to be trusted with the refurbishment of a space for the next 10 years at least. It's a big responsibility but a great one.

Lunchtime included some unscheduled car maintenance after my windscreen wipers packed up on the way to work. One fuse change later (plus a broken nail and freezing hands) and I am fully functional to get home.

The afternoon was spent setting up a number of sample chairs for students and staff to try, setting up a feedback system and then encouraging people to start commenting. Plus kicking off a few things on the to do list after the meeting this morning.

Last thing today I set some reminders in my calendar for things to do on Friday. Tomorrow is quite booked up already, so a couple of things that will take some time and thought won't get done until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment